Papers received by the Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office for service must be accompanied by the corresponding service fee.
- Mileage fees will be invoiced after the service (or non-service) has been completed
- We accept business checks (with business name imprinted)
- attorney trust account checks
- money orders
- certified bank checks
- personal checks
Temporary checks and credit cards are not accepted
Fees are based upon the type of document being served. Our office will retain a $20.00 non-service fee plus the mileage fees for papers that were attempted but not successfully served.
Please provide a cover letter detailing the following (the more details you provide to our office the better the chances are for successful service):
- Be specific about the name of the person or persons being served.
- Provide a physical address where the individual can be located.
- The court case number.
- The service expiration date (date by which the papers have to be served).
- Any specific rules of service for your jurisdiction (i.e.: sub-service, posting, etc.)
- Make sure that your return address is on the cover letter so that we may mail the Return of Service back to you once it has been completed.
- State whether or not the Return of Service should be notarized (an additional fee of $2.00 will be charged for this service).
The Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office can not guarantee service. Please call (970) 564-4987 if you have questions. FAX: 970-565-3731
Restraining Orders take priority over all other types of service. This is due to the potential for injury related to these situations.
Restitution / Evictions are the second-highest priority of the Civil Division. These court orders are time-sensitive and have to be scheduled before they can be executed.
In addition to serving civil papers, the Civil Division is also required to seize both real and personal property. The property seized may be either returned to the owner or sold at a Sheriff’s Sale in order to satisfy the judgment of the court.
Writ of Restitution
If you have any questions regarding the Civil Division, feel free to call (970) 564-4987
53 total views, 1 views today