Welcome to the Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office website.
The Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office has been serving its citizens and visitors since it was created by the Colorado Legislature in 1889. Montezuma County is approximately 2,000 square miles in size, located in the southwest corner of Colorado where the San Juan Mountains meet the mesas and canyons of the high desert.
Steven D. Nowlin,
Sheriff Montezuma County, Colorado
The Story of the Sheriff’s Saddle
This is a Sheriff’s Saddle. It’s a plain saddle, not covered in fancy silver Conchos or a lot of tooling. This is a practical, tough working saddle.
Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office News
- From Sheriff Nowlin, In the last couple of days, several Denver/Metro law enforcement agencies have received reports such as this which are being performed by subjects impersonating police officers at night. In order to protect our citizens, if you are being contacted by an officer at night and you are uncertain of whether or not you are being contacted by an actual law enforcement officer, please activate your four-way warning flashers on your vehicle and proceed to the nearest public venue or law enforcement office and call 911, give your name and location, and ascertain from the dispatcher if you are being stopped by an actual law enforcement officer. Please report any suspected police impersonation.
- FAQ Stay in Place Order 3.25.20
- Public Notice: Public health order enforcement guidance letter 3-20-2020
- Public Notice: On-Premise & Breweries Delivery and Sales 3-20-2020
- Public Notice: Services temporarily Suspended 03-17-2020
- ROCIC Research Report – Law Enforcement + Suicide
- Changing Daylight Hours Means Wildlife on the Move
- Get The Lifesaving App citizenAID™ Download Today
- What If I Have To Evacuate?
- Penalties for Fire Violations
- Fence Laws
- Most Commonly Violated Water Statutes
- Water-Related Easements
- Water Overflowing the Highways
- Agriculture Brochure
- Montezuma County Sheriff’s USPD hub APP
- Click It or Ticket
- Have your Car Stolen – “Lock it or Lose it
- San Juan National Forest
- Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Sign up For Nixle
- Crisis Counseling Resources
- SCAM – Inmate Bond Increase After Release
- Concealed Carry Certified Instructors
- County Hazard Mitigation Plan
1,770 total views, 9 views today