The Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office has been serving its citizens and visitors since it was created by the Colorado Legislature in 1889. Montezuma County is approximately 2,000 square miles in size, located in the southwest corner of Colorado where the San Juan Mountains meet the mesas and canyons of the high desert.
Steven D. Nowlin,
Sheriff Montezuma County, Colorado
The Story of the Sheriff’s Saddle
This is a Sheriff’s Saddle. It’s a plain saddle, not covered in fancy silver Conchos or a lot of tooling. This is a practical, tough working saddle.
Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office News
- FAQ Stay in Place Order 3.25.20
- Public Notice: Public health order enforcement guidance letter 3-20-2020
- Public Notice: On Premise & Breweries Delivery and Sales 3-20-2020
- Public Notice: Services temporarily Suspended 03-17-2020
- Scholarship Application for 2020 High School students that reside in Montezuma County for $1000.00.
- Changing Daylight Hours Means Wildlife on the Move
- Get The Lifesaving App citizenAID™ Download Today
- What If I Have To Evacuate?
- Colorado Fingerprinting and IdentoGO now has a fingerprinting site in Cortez
- Chronic State from DrugFree Idaho, Inc. on Vimeo.
- Montezuma County Sheriff’s APP
- Back burning to begin on the West Guard Fire
- BLM TRFO Fire Restriction Order
- The Montezuma County Fire Ban for unincorporated areas of the county will remain in effect until more moisture is received.
- Penalties for Fire Violations
- Sign up For Nixle
- Regional Fire Information Updates
- Crisis Counseling Resources
- Mountain Lion
- SCAM – Inmate Bond Increase After Release
- Concealed Carry Certified Instructors
- County Hazard Mitigation Plan