The Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office has been serving its citizens and visitors since it was created by the Colorado Legislature in 1889. Montezuma County is approximately 2,000 square miles in size, located in the southwest corner of Colorado where the San Juan Mountains meet the mesas and canyons of the high desert.
Steven D. Nowlin,
Sheriff Montezuma County, Colorado
The Story of the Sheriff’s Saddle
This is a Sheriff’s Saddle. It’s a plain saddle, not covered in fancy silver Conchos or a lot of tooling. This is a practical, tough working saddle.
Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office News
- Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office Second Annual Scholarship for $1000 and the County Sheriffs of Colorado Scholarship for $500. Click here to view more information
- Missing hunters found unharmed in Bear Creek area
- Chronic State from DrugFree Idaho, Inc. on Vimeo.
- Plateau Fire closure lifted
- Montezuma County Sheriff’s APP
- Back burning to begin on the West Guard Fire
- BLM TRFO Fire Restriction Order
- The Montezuma County Fire Ban for unincorporated areas of the county will remain in effect until more moisture is received.
- Penalties for Fire Violations
- Sign up For Nixle
- Regional Fire Information Updates
- Crisis Counseling Resources
- Mountain Lion
- SCAM – Inmate Bond Increase After Release
- Concealed Carry Certified Instructors
- County Hazard Mitigation Plan