The Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office has been serving its citizens and visitors since it was created by the Colorado Legislature in 1889. Montezuma County is approximately 2,000 square miles in size, located in the southwest corner of Colorado where the San Juan Mountains meet the mesas and canyons of the high desert.
Steven D. Nowlin,
Sheriff Montezuma County, Colorado
The Story of the Sheriff’s Saddle
This is a Sheriff’s Saddle. It’s a plain saddle, not covered in fancy silver Conchos or a lot of tooling. This is a practical, tough working saddle.
Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office News
- Sign up For Nixle
- Burro Fire Activity and Management
- Regional Fire Information Updates
- STATEWIDE CDOT NEWS – Agencies Warn Motorists: Wildlife on the Move!
- Crisis Counseling Resources
- Mountain Lion
- SCAM – Inmate Bond Increase After Release
- Stage 1 Fire Forest Order
- Concealed Carry Certified Instructors
- County Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Fence Laws
- Most Commonly Violated Water Statutes
- Water Related Easements
- Water Overflowing the Highways
- Agriculture Brochure
- Montezuma County Sheriff’s USPD hub APP
- Click It or Ticket
- Have your Car Stolen – “Lock it or Lose it